In the minor “Data Driven Business Lab” we have laid out a landscape in which you can define individual goals, competencies and personal skills, working in a team of international diversity. Focus on your own qualities and strive for excellence and adventure!
This minor belongs to the responsibility of Fontys University of Applied Science, School of Information and Communication Technology.
Content of the Minor
Join this Minor if you want to see, in real life what the impact of data can be for a company or government. Learn how it can support, change or even disrupt business models.
Imagine any company, not so many years ago. This company generated its own data and reports, based on its trusted single source and examining the past. Yet the world this company lived in geared up, moved on, moved up. Now everything is generating data, from phone calls to smart devices, from blogs to video feeds. The world now is a complex challenge, where data is available, abundant and everywhere, and internal company data is but part of the new truth.
Can these datasets be unlocked, combined and used for potential business benefit? Can they trigger many small decisions fast instead of large decisions at snail pace…
What we offer
- A real and authentic assignment in this field of work at renowned companies – you choose which project to take.
- You can apply for a project or inject your own suitable project, the requirements can be discussed (complexity and required knowledge).
- No “lesson program”(!) We will help you set up your personal learning activities.
- Guidance to help you decide which skills and practical knowledge is needed to finish your project and meet your learning goals.
- No limitation to what you could learn.
- Guidance and coaching throughout your project to keep you on track